Translate

Ci scrivono

Hello Mr. Bartoli, 

I found this particular blog very intriguing especially your references to the Masons.  My research into that cult of power is not as scholarly but was piqued when I first read Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum" years ago.  Of course it was a piece of fiction but its detailed historical references were fascinating.  I personally know a Mason who is a dear friend but never pry him  for information but he has talked a little about it.  I was never enamored of Dan Brown's works as I find his writing weak and he has stolen so much from others like Eco and has gained fame and fortune from making such loose connections between power brokers and religion.

Your other topics of interests are just as interesting.  Where do you get such information?

The population of India keeps exploding.  In 2011 I trained a few of my counterparts who came to L.A. and learned so much about their society from them.  Their census system is so flawed that they believe the true population of their country far exceeds the accepted government numbers.  That in itself skews the finsnacial and budgetary outloooks of the near future which only can compound the inherent problems of a large population.  

Your lead off article about the blame game in Italy seemed characteristic of Europeans in the general sense does it not?  Again I have limited experience on this subject but found it to be profoundly true when I lived and worked in Montreal in 2006-07.  I loved living there because it seemed more Euro-centric than North American.  They had almost a love-hate relationship and attitude towards their native France as well.  There were another of other Americans at this particular company and what stood out to us was how much so many of them complain about everything all the time.  The government, America, the national government.  Over and over and over.  A few of us decided to stop eating lunch at the lunch tables in the office because it became such a bore.  I will spare you our feelings on how much they hated Americans and America. 

At times I do like getting my global news from non-U.S. outlets like BBC or Reuters just to avoid U.S.-centric news and information.  The same goes true for other topics like art as well.  So reading your articles gives me the same more worldly view of things.  Thank you so much for sharing.


Regards,
Francis