Translate

Happy Women's Day, My love.

Today, March 8th International Women's Day, there is a danger of falling into the molasses of appreciations made "to the fair sex" while in civil society on every continent feminicide rages, while sickling women in this America unknowingly embrace the leaders of the extreme right because they are fed up with extreme feminism that has diverted the eyes of the male from them and forces them to invent courtship.

It was eight o'clock in the morning when you went down to my studio where I had been for a few hours, as usual.

I embraced you, unfortunately lacking that physical passion that has united us for many years.

But pervaded by an inner sweetness the moment I clutched you, wishing you a discounted "Good Woman's Day", looking at your beautiful eyes as I approached my deep wrinkles to yours that escape plastic interventions but that are as true as you are, my beautiful part of myself.

I don't like molasses distributed for civil duty over women.

In the experience of each of us there are women-women who deserve respect and a positive memory, as there are men-men who have left a positive imprint in our lives.

It is foolish to think that because of being women the female universe consists of a world of attitudes, actions, behaviors that dutifully lead back to Dante's paradise.

Everyone is required to talk about their own experience.

We've been together for so many years, you've shaped my life with your common sense, raising you alone, that's because I was always out working, two beautiful kids who love you even though they live on continents other than our own.

In you I find that love that was given to me by my grandmother who kidnapped me from a mother who after the separation from her husband did not know how to carry on with the little daughter born from the previous marriage and with that bulky two-year-old, squinting and with crooked legs for lack of calcium.

A love reiterated, together with the two aunts, in the midst of the infinite difficulties of the Second World War, of the emergency in Florence, of not knowing how and where to bang their heads while the men of the house were prisoners who knows where.

Forced as we are to live holed up because of the virus, we find that opportunities for confrontation are always at hand and risk obscuring our affection.

Then, I must sincerely acknowledge, it makes me aware that I am nothing without your help, your presence, your dedication, the daily bombardment to prevent me from exceeding the weight limits by eating the crap I can find.

I understand that what I've written so far isn't much of a dedication to my partner in a lifetime.

But that is what I can express, even if in a confused way, based only on the great feeling that unites us.

Happy Women's Day, 

My love.

Oscar

No comments:

Post a Comment