Scoperta una centrale di reclutamento ISIS a Bengaluru (India)

(dal The Times of India) BENGALURU: Senior Bengaluru police officials said that a search is on for the man who is suspected to have operated ISIS's most successful Twitter account, @ShamiWitnes.

The officials, speaking to TOI on condition of anonymity, said that the man may have fled the city. They added that the cyber cell, however, is still trying to get leads on him.

Bengaluru city commissioner MN Reddi on Friday said that the task of investigation has been given to the central crime branch.

The man, who was identified as Mehdi, works with a multinational advertisement firm in the city and lives with his family here.

This particular Twitter handle went on air last year and since has been posting photos and videos of ISIS aggression. He even posted ISIS updates from the front lines, according to a British news channel.

"If I had a chance, I would have left everything and joined them. But my family needs me here," Mehdi told UK's Channel 4. He also said he is in contact with British jihadis and announced that he believed in beheading.

The account, which had nearly 18,000 followers, has been shut down following reports.

On Twitter, the account was reportedly followed by jihadist fighters and Middle East analysts.

The man had been encouraging ISIS fighters through his tweets, and had several times posted the video of US aid worker Peter Kassig's beheading.