Translate

Hillary Clinton dichiara il suo appoggio a Biden


Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton are posing for a picture: Vice President Joe Biden, left, laughs with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during a ceremony to unveil a portrait of Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., on Capitol Hill, Thursday, Dec. 8, 2016, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
Friend, today I am proud to endorse my friend Joe Biden for President of the United States.

I've known Joe for many years and across a number of settings: making hard decisions about war and peace in the Situation Room as Vice President under President Obama, building coalitions and getting things done as a Senator, and sharing quiet moments with his constituents. Wherever he goes, Joe’s the same person. He's passionate about standing up for families and working to make their lives better.

More than ever, these tumultuous times reveal how desperately we need level-headed, solutions-oriented leadership. We need someone who listens to scientists, who acts with kindness and compassion, and who recognizes that America can and must lead the world in responding to this pandemic.

Joe Biden will be that president, and I hope you’ll join me in doing everything I can to get him elected in November.
The world today looks very different than the one so many of us fought for in 2016. Like many of you, I’m concerned -- not only about our current health crisis, but about the deep-seated problems in our democracy that it lays bare, from inequity in our health care system to the high-wire act demanded of too many working parents.

When I think about who I want leading us through this challenging time, there is no question: Joe Biden has the bold ideas, the smart plans, and most of all, the character to tackle this crisis and any others that come our way.

I am proud to call him a friend and colleague, and I will be even prouder to call him President of the United States. But first, we have to do all that we can to get to a win in November.